Saipem: BOD appoints Chairman, CEO and Deputy CEO
May 09, 2011; h 14:15
San Donato Milanese, 9 May 2011 - The Board of Directors of Saipem S.p.A., convened today and following the resolutions taken by the Shareholders Meeting on May 4, 2011, approved the appointments of the Chairman, Deputy Chairman and CEO and Deputy CEO of Saipem S.p.A.
It also ascertained the independence requirements for Board Directors and Statutory Auditors and appointed the members of the internal Board Committees.
Saipems Board of Directors is comprised of:
- Alberto Meomartini (Chairman non-independent, non-executive Director)
- Pietro Franco Tali (Deputy Chairman and CEO non-independent, executive Director)
- Hugh James ODonnell (Deputy CEO non-independent, executive Director)
- Umberto Vergine (non-independent, non-executive Director)
- Gabriele Galateri di Genola (independent, non-executive Director)
- Nicola Greco (independent, non-executive Director)
- Maurizio Montagnese (independent, non-executive Director)
- Mauro Sacchetto (independent, non-executive Director)
- Michele Volpi (independent, non-executive Director)
The Compensation Committee is comprised of:
- Gabriele Galateri di Genola (Chairman)
- Nicola Greco
- Maurizio Montagnese
The Audit Committee is comprised of:
- Mauro Sacchetto (Chairman)
- Maurizio Montagnese
- Michele Volpi
The Board of Directors applied the evaluation criteria set forth in the Corporate Governance Code to ascertain that the Directors Galateri di Genola, Greco, Montagnese, Sacchetto and Volpi meet the independence requirements pursuant to art. 148, paragraph 3, of Legislative Decree 58/98, the Corporate Governance Code promoted by Borsa Italiana, and art. 37, paragraph 1, letter d) and paragraph 1 bis of Issuers Regulations. The Board of Statutory Auditors also established the correct application of criteria adopted by the Board of Directors.
It was also ascertained that the Statutory Auditors meet the independence requirements set forth in art. 148, paragraph 3, of Legislative Decree 58/98, and art. 3 of the Corporate Governance Code.
Saipem shares are held by the following persons: Pietro Franco Tali 205,000 shares, Umberto Vergine 920 shares.
The curriculum vitae of the Board of Directors and the Statutory Auditors can be downloaded from the Companys website www.saipem.com.
Saipem is organised into two Business Units: Engineering & Construction and Drilling, with a strong bias towards oil & gas related activities in remote areas and deepwater. Saipem is a leader in the provision of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services with distinctive capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects, and technological competences such as gas monetisation and heavy oil exploitation.
Saipem S.p.A. - Via Martiri di Cefalonia, 67 - 20097 San Donato Milanese (MI) - Italy
Relations with institutional investors and financial analysts:
Tel.:+39-02520.34653 - Fax: +39-02520.54295