Primary objective for Saipem is to satisfy Clients needs, in order to get high level of effectiveness and efficiency of the processes in each phase of the project and to meet the Client expectations. Saipem achieves such an objective by means of the implementation of his Quality Management System, in compliance with the International Standard ISO 9001:2008, based on the following strategic guidelineshighlighted in the Quality Policy:
- attitude towards complete Customer Satisfaction and market success through both the observance of the relevant quality, time and cost requirements for the contracted services and the collection and analysis of feedback information;
- attitude towards Shareholders’ satisfaction through the implementation of the Quality Management System and work processes continual improvement plans by means of a process approach, in accordance with established improvement objectives and monitoring indicators, in order to guarantee process effectiveness and efficiency aiming at businesses profitability;
- attitude towards the involvement of Stakeholders in order to ensure mutual benefits, and full involvement of all personnel, also by means of proper training activities, in order to ensure that each person is aware of the relevance and importance of his/her own activities, and how they contribute to the achievement of quality objectives;
- attitude towards the implementation of Risk and Opportunity Knowledge Management System and collection of lesson learnt, to guarantee that best practices circulate among the Saipem group aiming for excellence achievement;
- attitude towards a mutually beneficial relationship between Saipem and vendors, enhancing the ability of both to create value and to address customer expectations.
Following the Saipem Corporate Quality Policy, all Saipem group Operating Companies have implemented a Quality Management System in accordance with ISO 9001 requirements and with Corporate guidelines and standards. Saipem SpA is certified ISO 9001:2008, by the certification body Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance, with certificate of approval no. LRC 160247/QMS.
The scope of the certificate is applicable to the following activities: projects involving project management, design, engineering, procurement, construction, fabrication, installation, commissioning, operation & maintenance including management of welding process of offshore platforms, FPSO, subsea sealine and other structures, land pipeline and facilities, petrochemical plants, oil, gas, chemical and thermoelectric power plants, land transport infrastructures, LNG Facilities, onshore and offshore drilling operations and environmental activities. Design, production, operation and maintenance of offshore and subsea systems and vehicles.