In 2006, the Risk and opportunity and knowledge management department was created to:
- - promote the use of risk and opportunity knowledge management in tenders and projects managed by the various Business Units;
- - ensure the spread of a risk and opportunity and knowledge management culture within Saipem;
- - provide advice, support and guidelines to the Business Units and projects in identifying and evaluating risks and opportunities and in all activities related to the implementation of mitigation and improvement measures for risk management and the optimisation of opportunities respectively;
- - define, develop and update tools and methods for collecting and organising lessons learned and making them available to projects;
- - ensure adequate training and the necessary support to risk engineers;
- - ensure the constant updating of guidelines, procedures and Corporate standards, promoting their correct application within Saipem and subsidiary companies.